The Lord has answered my prayers and brought me through many trials. As I thought about His mercies this morning I thanked the Lord for all He has done for me. I want to share some of those answers to prayer here …
Psalm 34:2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
Answered prayer …
1. My father had an autoimmune disease that caused him to have an outbreak of blisters all over his body. He was in a nursing home at the time. The staff was ready to put him in hospice because they said he wasn’t responding to medication and they said he was in pain. But although the blisters looked really bad my father told me and others that he was not in pain. I felt that talk of hospice was inappropriate. I prayed and asked the Lord to stop the blisters from spreading, especially to his his face. It would have been so difficult to bear that. The Lord answered, the blisters did not spread. Instead, the blisters healed. The Lord healed him and all talk of hospice was dismissed. The nursing staff spoke for some time afterward of my father’s recovery telling me that his skin had become smooth like baby skin and that God answers prayer!
2. The Lord healed my mother when the doctor said she wouldn’t survive her emergency surgery and that her case was one of the worst he had ever seen. She went on to live another 15 or so years and during those years she became a child of God.
3. We wanted to purchase little booklets of the Gospel of John for evangelism but didn’t have the resources. Not long after praying we were given 300 boxes of Gospels of John. Each box contained 300 booklets. We had to rent a small truck to bring them home.
4. Years ago, when we wanted to sell our home, we had some plumbing issues that we thought would be a hindrance to the sale. The Lord sent a plumber who bought the house and who absolutely loved the house (and still does). He was not in the least concerned about the plumbing issues because he was a plumber, that was his profession.
5. Another time when a realtor came in to evaluate our home he said it looked good except for the dark brown rug. He thought the rug might be a hindrance to selling the house even though it was a brand new carpet. I told the realtor that the Lord can send a buyer who loves brown rugs :-). Well don’t you know that when we met the buyer she specifically mentioned how much she loved the brown rug!
6. Another time, when our whole church prayed, a law was actually changed that we benefited from. We were told that would not happen, but it did happen!
7. I also want to testify that in 20 12 the Lord healed me from a month long illness. I went to several doctors, was tested, but remained undiagnosed. I prayed that the Lord would heal me, as He healed Peter’s mother-in-law, and that the illness would leave me as “it left her”. The Lord did heal me and I am better now than before I became ill. (I also prayed that I would not be subjected to unnecessary testing and medication. The Lord answered both those prayers and it is amazing to look back and see what He has done and how He did it.)
Luke 4:38-39 And he arose out of the synagogue, and entered into Simon’s house. And Simon’s wife’s mother was taken with a great fever; and they besought him for her. And he stood over her, and rebuked the fever; and it left her: and immediately she arose and ministered unto them.
To God be the glory!