– A funeral service was held in a nondenominational church that I am familiar with. The service was for two city workers. Several city officials attended, along with Cardinal Timothy Dolan of St. Patrick’s Cathedral. The pastor of the church allowed Dolan to pray at the service, and after he prayed the pastor said that he prayed an “amazing prayer”. I wonder what the reformers would say about that.
– A visiting preacher at a church we were attending made a favorable remark regarding Roman Catholicism. When my husband and the pastor met to talk about it, the pastor began by telling him that he took a visiting friend around town, and they drove by St. Patrick’s cathedral. What was the point of sharing that information? The conversation went nowhere.
– Then there’s the preacher who often spoke at our former church who rejoiced that he was able to speak at St. Patrick’s Cathedral. I recently wrote about it here.
– Yesterday, I listened to an online YouTube sermon. This Gospel preaching pastor said that Mother Teresa did what she did for the Lord. I left the following comment, but by this morning it was gone.
Mother Teresa quote: If coming face to face with God we accept Him in our lives, then we . . . become a better Hindu, a better Muslim, a better Catholic, a better whatever we are . . . . What God is in your mind you must accept.” (Desmond Doig, Mother Teresa: Her People and Her Work, Harper & Row, 1976, p. 156) Mother Teresa was not a Christian.
– Here’s a statement by Billy Graham. Most pastors in the institutional church ignore such statements when brought to their attention. Praying the rosary is abomination in the sight of the Lord!
“When Mother Teresa died the only thing she owned was her rosary beads and the simple clothing that she wore. But one writer said of her she took a vow of poverty and became fabulously wealthy in the ways that really matter. She’s wealthy in the next world.” (Billy Graham San Francisco Bay Area Crusade, Excerpt from December 1997 televised broadcast, Speaker: Billy Graham, Topic: The Value of a Soul)
– A local church here portrayed their Christmas decorations online during their Sunday service. What does Mickey Mouse and Santa and all the Christmas hoopla have to do with the majesty, holiness and glory of the Ancient of Days. This is what I saw…
Matthew 24:3-4 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.