What is the Liebster Award?
In the words of another blogger it is “an award that bloggers give to other bloggers, and it helps us all spread the word about our blogs – and helps our readers to know more about us.”
It was given to me by Stephanie at The Offense of the Cross. Thank you Stephanie. I appreciate your encouragement. I thank the Lord for saving me and allowing me to blog. All comes from Him.
In turn I would like to nominate Beth at I Once Was Lost for the Liebster Award. I find Beth’s blog to be very joyful and uplifting, always giving God the glory for the great things He has done for her. She has a wondeful testimony of God’s saving power.
Now for the 11 Bible verses Stephanie asked for, verses that have strengthened my walk with the Lord. The following come to mind…
Isaiah 25:4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
Isaiah 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
Lamentations 3:22-23 It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
1 Peter 1:18-19 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Lastly, some ramdom facts about myself…
1. I am of Italian ancestry.
2. I was born in Brooklyn, NY.
3. I was born again 30 years ago.
4. Jesus brought me out of the darkness of Roman Catholicism.
5. I write Christian poems.
6. I like to give out Bible tracts.
7. When I go out I alternate between wearing a hat proclaiming Jesus as my Savior, and another hat with Acts 4:12 proclaiming Him as the Savior of the world.
8. Regarding my history of Christian ministry, the Lord by His grace and mercy has allowed me, in the past, to work for two different churches, do Vacation Bible School in my home with the neighborhood kids, evangelize on the street and subway, and also do many years of nursing home ministry.
9. Jesus is my all and all. To my blessed Savior be the glory!